Welcome to our new members. RUOSP and TVW are doing some amazing things this week. The RUOSP shop is looking wonderful – full of interesting and useful items for all.
- Profits raised for the overarching Transition Village Wallan project www.tvw.org.au have reached $15,000 in six months. This money will be used directly in the TVW project to support the development of the village to provide safe, sustainable, medium term accommodation and support for local people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. The need is great! This is a great example of community supporting local community without waiting of the governments to run in with money!!
- The TVW project is in a waiting phase as the Planning Permit Application for Council is being developed. Fingers crossed it will pass without any objections or too many alterations.
- If you are in the local area, please consider volunteering at the shop or to help TVW in its planning. The Volunteer Application form is at www.tvw.org.au. It will come to me and I will then respond ASAP.
There is a garage sale in Wallan in support of the TVW project this coming Saturday 21st May 9am -3pm at 36 Hadley Drive, Wallan. There will be lots of good ‘stuff” to look at, toys a specialty, and some lovely larger size women’s clothing.
- TVW and Wallan Neighbourhood House are working together on a ‘Winter Warmers Coat Drive” collecting coats form community members (do you have a spare one in the back cupboard?) and holding them for people who are doing it tough and need a coat to collect. This is the first time we have done this but it looks set to become an annual event.
- ‘Dress to Impress’ is the newest project being developed in the RUOSP. it has been happening informally in a small way as a trial , but the RUOSP Team want to expand the project. The shop will provide people with an appropriate outfit for an interview or appointment. Prospective clients will need a referral from the case worker or speak directly with the RUOSP manager. Again a first time project fort the More details later about calling for corporate style clothing donations.
Another busy and worthwhile month with lots of fun for all!
Please keep in touch, all posts welcome.
Judy Clarke. TVW and RUOSP.